Friday, December 16, 2005

Just hear those sleigh bells jingling...

Well, the holidays are here in full swing. The holiday candles are in the windows, the string of white lights surround the porch, the wreath welcomes visitors at the front door, and gives them a taste of what's inside. The entire house smells of fresh pine from the elaborately decorated Christmas tree. Instead of garland on the mantle, I have this exquisite wooden train advent calendar with little boxes - just the right size for a two-year-old's fingers to reach in and get his little treat. And of course, the stockings are hung by the chimney with care.

I just love this time of year. Even more than Thanksgiving, Christmas (and Hanukkah) is the time when I reflect over the past year, thankful for all that has been given to me, and look forward to a whole new year, filled with the unexpected.

This year, in particular, has been special. I believe that I have more to be thankful for, as for the first time in 8 years, I'm surrounded by family, having moved my family, my life and my business halfway across the country this past spring. We were fortunate to be able to move into a home owned by family friends, helping to bring some familiarity to such a big move. And when it took some time for my husband and I to get back into the swing of things financially, we had lots of family around to make sure we were taken care of.

I am also fortunate enough to have some of the best clients in the world. 90% of my clients have been working with me for years, and they stuck with me after my move, showing me a loyalty I hadn't expected.

2005 has been one of my most successful years - maybe not in dollars and cents, but in life, both personally and professionally. And given the terrible tragedies that have occured this past year, I really do have a lot to be thankful for.

So, I hope you will all join me in celebrating this wonderful season, reminiscing over this last year, and look ahead with excitement at the new year to come.

Until next time...

Tamar Wallace
TAMAR Graphics

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home